Indie e-Con 2018 Game - First Lines

Greetings! Below, I have listed the first lines from eighteen books by Indie e-Con authors. You guys know the drill. Figure out which lines go to which book, email me your guesses to kendraeardnek(at)gmail(dot)com, and then, in the comments below, let me know which of the lines make you want to keep reading.

Now edited with answers. How many did you get correct?

1. It was dawn when my brothers and I awoke for the first time. Minstrel's Call by Jenelle Leanne Schmidt

2. Kevin gazed back at the city, hand on the hilt of his sword. The Silent Blade by Jesseca Wheaton

3. Incoming bullets chipped wood and frayed frabic from the wings and body of the SPAD biplane in a muted pitter-patter of death. Ace Carroway and the Great War by Guy Worthy

4. I rolled my shoulders and stretched my cramped fingers, sore from a long day of scrubbing floors. Common by Laurie Lucking

5. It was a lovely morning for war-mongering. The Sorceress and the Squid by Emily Mundell

6. I was the disappointment. Seventh Born by Rachel Rossano

7. Willa paced outside her family's cabin. Call of the Waters by H.L. Burke

8. Something slammed. Destroy by Tricia Mingerink

9. They would have to come that afternoon. Shadows of the Hersweald by Hope Ann

10. Noise filled the city. To Save a Race by Kandi J. Wyatt

11. Ivy Knight rolled out of bed and sat on the floor, rubbing her arms against the bitter mid-December chill. Ivy Introspective by Kellyn Roth

12. The king wasn't even surprised when the old fairy stormed into the banquet hall. Poison Kiss by Kendra E. Ardnek

13. I apologize for the condition of this journal entry. Malia's Miracles by Julie C. Gilbert

14. Mick Haynes winced as another slaved plunged into the Zotori River, his heart rate speeding as the boy struggled against the strong current. Dissemble by Sarah Addison-Fox

15. "Guilty." Suit and Suitability by Kelsey Bryant

16. A tall young man leaned against the wall of a building. Sons of the King by Kimia Wood

17. The problem with knights in shining armor is that they didn't quite get rid of all the monsters in the dark forests. Tomb of the Sea Witch by Kyle Robert Shultz

18. I'm glad the guy's probably dead by now, because if I ever met him, I'd punch him in the face. Bridgers by Angie Thomspon

Comments

  1. Wow, lots of good stuff here! Numbers 5 and 9 have me especially intrigued, and I already just want to hug the character in number 6. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. I've got some hunting ahead of me. Will make a nice break from all the actual work I have to do . . . hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only know like... three of these off-hand. XD But so many good/intriguing ones! :O

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Find this post helpful? Leave a comment and let me know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing: The Arista Challenge

Accurate Dialogue with Kelsey Bryant

Handling the Physical with Tammy Lash